Sunday, November 28, 2010

Garth Brooks

In August, my sister in law Danielle won free tickets to a Garth Brooks concert in Sun Valley. I was so lucky because she chose to take me, which of course I couldn't refuse... So off we went to Sun Valley! It was phenomenal! He was accompanied by the Sun Valley Civic Symphony... I know what you are thinking... Thunder Rolls on the huge timpani drums... (ok, so maybe you are only thinking that if you are a band geek like me...) but let me just tell you it was breath taking!

 We stopped in Atomic City and ate at Pickle's Place, Home of the Atomic Burger... 

This is Danielle's Atomic Burger... Mmmm..

Here we are waiting to get into the seating area... It was soooo hot!

 We were sitting in a grassy area outside of the main tent. We were there a couple of hours before the show opened and they played music over the loud speakers and we brought a picnic and tried to read while we waited. This is our view. We were actually really close to the screen which was nice but we couldn't see the actual show. The seats to go inside started at $250.00. Yikes! 

These people were funny... I never would have thought to bring a table, table cloth, a vase with flowers and some candles... I couldn't believe how many people had done the same thing! Oh well, to each their own...

The show was great! Garth Brooks is a fantastic performer! He was telling all sorts of stories about his childhood and his the things that influenced his music the most.


And, as if the day wasn't already good enough, Trisha Yearwood (I totally didn't know that she was his wife) came out and they sang together! FaNtAsTiC!!!


The symphony was the icing on the cake! What a treat! I seriously had chills! I guess I had never thought about it, but they used a huge sheet of metal to make the thunder. Wowee! 




Thank you so much Danielle! I had the most amazing time!


No comments:

Post a Comment