Friday, July 2, 2010

Christmas?

So... growing up... we didn't ever have Christmas lights on the house. Maybe a couple out in the tree and I guess one year we had a row of icicle lights over the garage... but I love Christmas lights. So, I decided now that I have my own house... we will have them. So every year we have put them up but never taken any pictures. I know, right? What's up with that? My favorite year was our first Christmas at Pulling Courts... We made the railing on the porch look like a candy cane. So sad... it only exists in my memories... So this year, I was determined to take some pictures and of course, we had no snow. We had little storms here and there but nothing to cover the grass... So, since this is Idaho... I knew that I had to snow at least one good snow after Christmas so we waited... and waited... and then we were the only house on the block with lights still up but we waited... and FINALLY at the end of February I got my storm... So, I went out at 7am so I could get it before it all melted.... These pictures are harder to take than you would think! After messing with all the settings on the camera for almost a half hour and freezing half to death, (because I got so excited I just ran out in my pj's instead of getting properly dressed) I gave up. So this is what I came up with... hehe... I'm happy because I have one half decent photo of my lights. :) 

2 comments:

  1. One word for ya...tripod. Maybe one of these times we will put lights up on our house! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But didn't I mention it was 700am and I just jumped out of bed? hehe Not thinking clearly!

    ReplyDelete