Friday, May 22, 2009

Spring is blooming...

As a house warming present, my grandparents bought us a lilac bush. As all of you know, I'm kind of a slacker so it was kind of a crispy critter when I finally got around to planting it... We watered and watered it last year but I thought for sure it was a goner. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it finally turned a little green and now is blooming. It smells wonderfully and the buds are amazing. If you look closely, they are really purple with almost a blue tint. Very beautiful... :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so pretty! I miss all those from our yard in Pocatello. Here we just have a bunch of Wheat and Lentil fields!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous I have a some lilacs but the bush needs to be trimmed back and they are very light purple. I love the color of yours that would be just about my favorite color! In fact that is what I originally wanted for my wedding color but the other purple was just easier to find!

    ReplyDelete